Friday, October 24, 2008

Kiddo-chondria part deux

So it seems my kiddo-chondria knows no bounds. At least that is according to my husband. My latest obsession is about Bodhi's head. Or rather the shape of it. There is a flatness on one side and I swear her head comes to a point! My husband says he doesn't see it. I feel that this is one of his well known tactics to make me feel insane. Seriously, it is very obvious that her head does come to a point. I have tried to make sure I alternate laying her down on her right and left side to avoid the flatness. I admit I have even snuck in her room in the night and flipped her head while she sleeps! But how the hell do you avoid a pointy noggin?

I don't care what Brian says, I am going to mention this to the doctor at her 4 month checkup. I mean...could this be a sign there is something wrong? I once saw this television program on the Discovery channel about a baby who's fontanel fused together and had to have surgery on his cranium! I wonder what his symptoms were...

Note- Brian has since tried to ban me from watching Discovery channel ever again.

This does not stop me from wondering if I will be that mother with the kid wearing the giant round helmet? Ah, let people go ahead and stare! At least my baby's head will be round! Brian says that I shouldn't worry. That the shape of her head is going to change and any irregularities I imagine will go away the older she gets- whatever, his head comes to a point! I am still asking the doctor....