Sunday, October 19, 2008

Corporate Kari

I haven't showered in a couple of days. I am sporting a hair do reminiscent of Flock of Seagulls and I am still in my jammies at noon. There is a large pile of laundry on my dining room table and a toy garbage truck in my refrigerator. I'm not really sure what it is doing there- but my two and a half year old assures me it has to park there to get the garbage and who am I to argue with that logic.

I used to be a problem solver, a multitasker. I used to be corporate Kari. The girl who got things done. The one people came to if there was a problem. I used to have a staff of six and my own private office. Now I'm the staff and I am lucky if I get to pee in private.

I used to drop hundreds of dollars on a pair of gorgeous Charles David boots. Now I don't have anywhere to wear those boots and my feet wont fit into those babies because they are flat. Flat from wearing flip flops day in and day out. I realized the other day that I haven't worn anything but flip flops for 2 years and counting.... What Not To Wear would have a field day with me.

On rainy Sunday's I used to go to the movies by myself. Now a rainy Sunday is a crazed circus of play dough, crayons, paints and projects to keep the cabin fever at a minimum. I haven't seen a movie in the theater since....well, I can't remember the last movie I saw. Huh, must not have been that good.

I used to think that I knew how much my parents loved me. Now that I have kids I know I was clueless. Funny. All the things I used to be obsessed with and thought I couldn't be happy without just don't seem all that important. Although, I do kinda miss those boots :)