Monday, March 23, 2009

Yes, I am THAT Mom...


Last weekend we did a impromptu visit to Disney World and I did the unthinkable.  I put my kid on a leash.  Granted it looks like a friendly little monkey backpack, but it is still a leash.  I am now that Mom.  If you too are that mom, know that I used to mock you, I used to make fun of you and look down on you. I used to talk about you. I used to say that I would never, ever be you.  Now I am you.  Ain't karma a bitch?!  
Yes, I suffered the looks of disapproval and laughing.  I heard people plainly talking about my kid on a leash- not even bothering to lower their voices to keep me from hearing them.  So you know what I did?  I handed that leash to Brian and pretended that I didn't know either of them.
No.  Actually I held my head high and proceeded to enjoy letting my little man walk next to me without having to worry that he is going to make a break for it.  Say what you will, but that dreaded leash was really nice.  Luckily Maddox is still too young to understand the irony of that monkey on his back.