Thursday, March 12, 2009

The best present a Mommy could get.

When my parents travelled to New York City on vacation last year they brought Maddox back an I Heart New York shirt as a present.  For some reason kids love these shirts.  Maybe it is the giant red heart emblazoned on the front, but both my nephews loved them when I gave them to them and Mad's friend Evan has one and he loves it too.  
Maddox loves his so much he wanted to wear it to bed last evening.  It was so dirty from a day of hard play that the thing was standing on its own.  As I cajoled and begged for him to take it off in favor of some construction truck jammies he changed the conversation (as he so often does when he wants to avoid doing something I ask of him).

"Mama, I have present for you," Okay I'll admit I was intrigued, as a rule I do love presents.

"What is it, baby?"

"I'm giving you my heart, I am taking my heart off!"  He looked down and tugged at that giant red heart on his shirt and pretended to rip it from his shirt and hand it to me.

My eyes welled up with tears as I hugged him a little too tight.  

"Maddieeeeeee!  That is the best present you could ever give me!"

Yeahhhhhhhh, so he slept in the dirty shirt.

Does that kid know how to play me or what.