1. I still sleep with my baby blankie. Yup, you heard it right, I never gave it up. My husband and son have learned to accept it and know not to touch it. I snuggle under it every night. The flannel side has to be facing me and blankie must be tucked under my chin before I can sleep. I don't travel with my blankie for fear of it getting lost or stolen. That's right people...the maids at hotels are always on the make to steal a 30 year old ratty blanket.
2. I am a plan-faker. Let me define that for you. I love to make plans! I make all kinds of plans to go out. It could be dinner, shopping, drinks, a party....you name it and I am game. Well, right up until the hours before hand and then it is all down hill. I would rather stay home... I could be using the evening to clean the baseboards, or to organize my collection of BH&G magazines.I start thinking of anyway of getting out of going. Don't get me wrong, I always end up going and having a great time. I just have to go through the motions first.
3. My New Year resolution is to have an clean kitchen sink. Since I hate doing dishes there is constantly a pile of them in the sink and that is just gross. Not to mention unsanitary. Oh, crap I just broke my resolution....there are dishes in there now!
4. I think life would be much better if it was a musical. There it is....I am a closet singer. At home, in the car, the shower, while making dinner. My poor husband has learned to turn a deaf ear. Maddox however would like me "stop singing Mama"! Bodhi Mae likes it though and will go all giggly when I break into "Think of Me" from Phantom of the Opera. Maddie just smiles when while brushing his teeth I sing to them. I sing all day long, most of it off key.
5. I have weird allergies to all sorts of things...latex, penicillin, codeine, beer, milk, Jamaica, sodium lauryl sulfate- which is in everything from toothpaste to face soap and shampoo (I do use toothpaste- but it has to be low foaming and stupidly expensive because of it, otherwise my lips and gums threaten to fall off).
6. I hate surprises. I can't stand not to know. Anticipation is the worst, whether it is something fun or daunting. Anticipation makes me sick to my stomach regardless of what I am waiting for. Wait- maybe I am just impatient??? Crap! Okay so instead of clean dishes maybe I need to learn to be more patient.....